Concession Counter Attendants prepare and serve various snack items to movie theater customers. They greet guests, assemble food orders, operate point-of-sale terminals and make accurate change, often under very busy conditions. Counter Attendants are also responsible for keeping food items stocked, and counters, equipment and condiment areas clean.
Theatre Staff Essential Functions
All associates may be considered for cross-training; some may be assigned duties in one or more areas at management discretion.
General responsibilities for all positions include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibit excellent guest service skills.
- Present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
- Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Demonstrate consistent and effective sales techniques.
- Complete transactions by greeting each guest, identifying the guest’s request, operating point-of-sale terminals, making change accurately, and thanking guests.
- Ensure the security of all cash, receipts, tickets, and computer systems.
- Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including theatre, restrooms, lobbies, concession areas, and box office areas.
- Control access to the theatre.
- Frequently monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, temperature, lighting levels, audience behavior, and film piracy.
- Perform daily stocking and maintenance duties.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment, as well as the safety of our guests.
- Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Uphold Fox 5 Theatre’s business practice standards and ensure compliance with company regulations.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Assist with other theatre crew functions and perform other duties as directed.
- Expanded list of essential functions for the Concessions, Box, and Closer positions are available upon request from theatre management.
Provided by theatre: Black t-shirt, nametag.
Provided by associate: Pants, slip resistant shoes, socks, belt.
All Fox 5 Theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Fox 5 Theatre is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Fox 5 Theatre strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment